Weird versus Strange Weird versus Strange posted in Gamma World forum comment posted by derek_holland
A good thread for terminology.
Most inhabitants of Gamma Terra do not call Ancient ruins that. Here are some suggestions for other terms they might use:
-Doom(ed) Spires, Blotches, Blights, and similar terms are for those who live near ruins where explorers vanish from time to time.
- Silent Places are those ruins where life is excluded somehow and the only sounds are the occasional robot, other explorers, weather, or decay.
- Hell's Lanterns and Hell's Wombs are places where radiation is visible and mutant horrors emerge and rampage in the surrounding lands.
- Temples of the Ancients are those places visited by locals on a regular basis to give veneration to their ancestors.
- Starspires and Mysteries are places that the people of the Gamma Age simply can not understand. They are just too strange and weird at the same time. Those exploring generally do come back but very different in behavior and/or appearance.
- Muses are ruins that inspire by their sight, other sensory manifestations, or presence. People visit them before deciding or embarking on life changing events.
Post replies at AlternityRPG.net forum
#alternity #rpg #alternity-rpg